Michelle Krekels is a lawyer (2009) at bureau Brandeis. She is specialised in dispute resolution. She analyses risks, manages disputes and reaches commercial solutions in the interest of her clients.
Michelle advises and litigates on mass damage cases, (international) commercial contracts, financial disputes and (product) liability. She also advises shareholders, directors and supervisory directors on governance issues and liability risks.
Michelle assists clients in complex matters. Michelle’s clients include national and international corporations, institutions and insurers. She often works together with other (foreign) law firms and funders. They appreciate her sharp analyses, critical insights and client focus (Recommendations: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-krekels)
Michelle regularly acts as a panel member or moderator during (international) conferences.
Some recent work:
- Representing shareholders in a Dutch procedure following the reported accounting irregularities at Steinhoff International Holdings N.V.
- Regularly assists green energy suppliers by reviewing commercial contracts and resolving disputes relating to wind and solar energy projects.
- Involved in various collective actions. For example, she represents The PrivacyCollective in the collective action against the software companies Oracle and Salesforce.
- Represented a corporate client of Van Lanschot Bankiers N.V. regarding a dispute regarding the transfer of corporate real estate loans to non-banks. See, amongst others, the judgments of the District Court of Amsterdam of 7 August 2019 and of 29 May 2019.
- Represent Nigerian and Lebanese companies in NAI arbitration following the termination of an agreement for the transit of grain for the brewing of beer.
- Involved in NAI arbitration between international parties active in the online gaming industry.
- Advising parties on mass claims against banks following the Libor fraud.
- Assisting various parties in proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal, including the Taiwanese financial conglomerate FUBON in the context of a rights issue by Delta Lloyd.
- Representing a Dutch company in liability proceedings against its former director.
- Assisting an investor in immovable property in interim relief proceedings relating to a dispute concerning the performance of a loan agreement.
- Provide legal assistance to hedge funds around their investments in Dutch stock exchange funds in situations that have not become public.
- Involved in the judicial liquidation of a company and related proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal.